Ladies and gentlemen, how much do you really know about farts, besides the fact that they sound and smell “weird” and come out from the bum?
Here are 13 things about farts (you probably didn’t know):
- The meaning of the word fart means “wind from the anus”. This word was coined in 1962.
- This is very important for you to remember this – a healthy digestive tract produces farts. So, if you are not farting at all, go to the doctor.
- Did you know that men fart more than women?
- An average person farts around 14 times a day.
- Those 14 farts a day are enough to fill up a balloon.
- Farts are made up of hydrogen sulfide that reduces mitochondrial damage.
- Smelling farts can be healthy! And, the next time someone farts, just take a nice deep breath and thank the person.
- Female farts are much stinkier, because females have higher concentration of hydrogen sulfide. Female farts are healthier to smell.
- Farts go as fast as 10 ft./sec.
- If you have very tight sphincter, you’ll produce louder farts as they have smaller tighter area to squeeze out from.
- Gum and soda will make you fart more.
- We fart a lot when we sleep.
- Termites are animals which produce the most fart. Camels, zebras, sheep, cows, elephants, and dogs (especially labs and retrievers) are next.
Ladies and gentlemen, we really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank you and have a good one!