And, now you probably ask yourselves – what’s the name of this secret ingredient?! Well, ladies and gentlemen, before we answer that question for you, I would like to ask you another quick question – do you know what’s oil pulling? Oil pulling or also known as “gundusha” or “kavala” is an ancient Ayuverdic dental technique which involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in the mouth on an empty stomach for 15-20 minutes. Weird, right? It may sound weird, but you should know that this technique is extremely effective.
This technique is very beneficial for detoxifying the teeth and gums and for whitening your teeth at the same time. You should know that many people around the world have tried this technique and they claim that it helps in treating skin conditions, arthritis, headaches, asthma, infections, hormonal imbalance, etc.
How to perform the technique?
- It’s very simple.
- Put a 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil (coconut, sesame, olive oil) in your mouth.
- Swish it around for about 20 minutes.
- Spit it out and wash your mouth with water.
- Do this procedure in the morning on an empty stomach, or in the evening, before you go to bed.
- Note: you may find it a bit difficult at first, but you`ll get used to it after a few minutes.
Ladies and gentlemen, you should repeat the procedure regularly and you will have whiter and brighter teeth after just one week. According to the experts, oil pulling works by cleaning (detoxifying) the oral cavity in a similar way that soap cleans dirty dishes. It literally sucks the dirt (toxins) out of your mouth and creates a clean, antiseptic oral environment that contributes to the proper flow of dental liquid that is needed to prevent cavities and disease.
The most important benefits of oil pulling with coconut oil for your dental health:
- whitens teeth
- has impressive effects for the entire oral cavity
- Fights bacteria and gum infections
- breaks through the plaque
- prevents cavities
Sources and References included in this article – Healthy Food Team, Oil Pulling