YES, you got that right! The experts WARN that you should be very careful when you buy bottled water, because it can be very dangerous for your health. The experts warn that all consumers should check the bottom of the bottle, in order to protect their health. WHY? Well, that’s easy to answer – because all plastic bottles labeled with letters like HDP, HDPE, PP and a few others, do not release any toxic chemicals in the water, and the remaining letters can represent the chemicals found in the water you are drinking. Every brand must label the content of the bottle, and we offer you a little help to recognize the toxic water bottles.
Read this before you buy bottled water again:
- PET or PETE – single-use bottles. These bottles can possibly release heavy metals and chemicals that affect the hormonal balance.
- HDP or HDPE – plastic that practically releases no chemicals. You should choose these bottles when buying bottled water, because it is probably the healthiest water you can find on the market.
- PVC or 3V – the water bottle releases 2 toxic chemicals that affect the hormones in your body.
- LDPE – this plastic can’t be used in the production of bottles, but plastic bags, even though it does not release any chemicals into the water.
- PP – this sign means another white colored or semi transparent plastic, used as a packing for syrups and yoghurt cups.
- PS – the bottle releases some carcinogenic substances, and it is commonly used in the production of coffee cups and fast food casings.
- PC or non-labeled plastic – the most dangerous plastic in the food production which releases BPA chemicals, and it is often used in the production of sports water bottles and food containers.
Ladies and gentlemen, we really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank you and have a good one.