Can I ask you something – have you ever felt someone else’s pain or sensed the shift in energy in a room without knowing what caused it? If YES, then you might just be an Empath. But, if you’re not 100% positive, then you should definitely take the Empath test below and see how many of the following Empath traits you resonate with.
This Empath test is very simple and surprisingly accurate. You just have to follow the simple instructions – for each statement, give yourself a “0” for never, a “2” for sometimes, and a “3” for always. So, ladies and gentlemen – sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. And yes, one more thing – don’t forget to click the share button at the end of the article. Here we go:
- Do you sense others’ pain and sadness?
- You understand (almost instantly) if someone means one thing, but says another.
- You feel drained (all the time), especially if you are around certain people.
- You get strong first impressions of people (negative and positive).
- You see something sad (an animal being hit by a car) and it takes you much longer than others to stop feeling sad about it.
- People don’t understand how deeply you feel and why you can’t just let it go.
- You always feel like you view life from a different perspective than everyone around you. It seems like no one is “like you.”
- You’ve experienced the sensation that you are feeling the pain of the whole world.
- There are times when you feel so overwhelmed with the pain of the world that you want to crawl under the blankets and not interact with anyone for a few days.
- You can’t watch sad or violent movies because it’s too upsetting.
- You repeatedly feel the same emotions or sensations around the same people.
- You feel sick or in pain when you are around certain people for no physical reason, or you seem to take on other’s symptoms, feeling as they feel.
- You feel like your mood or emotions change when certain people enter a room.
- You’ve walked into a room and felt the energy was different, without knowing why (for example, walking into the office and being hit with the sensation of tension or anger—I used to be able to walk in the front door of the office and know whether my boss was in a good or a bad mood without seeing him).
- You sometimes get overwhelmed when there are a lot of people around, but can’t figure out why you feel overwhelmed (there’s nothing outwardly unpleasant going on).
- You sometimes feel like your emotions change on dime, but you don’t know why.
- People come to you as their “energy source,” because you brighten their day or have other impacts on their emotions.
- People seem drawn to you and need their “fix” of you to feel better. Often, animals and children will be very drawn to you as well.
- You prefer to be near water, especially when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- You need to have time in nature to feel balanced.
- You’ve had people ask you why you are “such a bleeding heart,” or make fun of you for feeling so deeply (I cannot tell you how often this has happened to me!).
- You care for others more than you care for yourself and feel like you “have to” take care of people, even when you know you are burning yourself out.
- You have a hard time taking care of yourself because you are too busy taking care of others.
- You KNOW that plants and animals have a soul. You can feel their pain and sadness.
Score 0 – 25:
So, ladies and gentlemen, if your score is 0-25, then you have some Empath traits, but wouldn’t be considered a true Empath. It’s important to make sure that you still take care of yourself and don’t let yourself get overwhelmed, but it’s likely you are pretty balanced between helping others and setting good boundaries.
Score 25 – 50:
YES, this score shows that you are definitely an Empath. This means that you’ll sense things in a way that’s different from the average person. And, don’t get us wrong – you aren’t just relating to someone’s feelings, you are sensing them as your own. You likely get exhausted sometimes and wonder why, without realizing you are giving out too much positive energy and taking in too much negative energy from around you.
Score 50 – 75:
This score means that you are an “extreme Empath,”. Extreme empathy means that you have the ability to soak in others’ emotions without consciously knowing you are doing so. You sense the “vibe” of a room or place without visual clues (such as tears, yelling, or slamming of doors). More importantly, if you are scoring this high on the Empath Test, then you are extremely open to the pain and suffering of the world, and you likely get overwhelmed by trying to do too much or help too many people at once.